A healthy and attractive smile is an asset in business and social situations. One hallmark of a great smile is the color of the teeth. For this reason, tooth whitening is among the most popular procedures in cosmetic dentistry for instantly improving your smile. When you need a cosmetic dentist, you can rely on us for quality dental care in Kaneohe, Kailua, Waimanalo, and Haleiwa.
Advantages of Tooth Whitening
Affordability is a big reason for the popularity of this procedure. There are tooth whitening options for every budget, ranging from whitening toothpaste and home whitening kits to laser whitening in the dentist's office. Compared to the cost of other beauty treatments, professional laser teeth whitening is affordable and delivers results that can last for years.
Teeth Whitening Options for Every Need:
- Teeth Whitening Toothpaste – Whitening toothpastes are a good option for those without the time or money for a whitening system. The advantages are the low cost and ease of use. The disadvantage is that this method takes the time to show results.
- Whitening Strips – If you want to whiten your teeth without spending much money, teeth whitening strips may be the best option. You wear the strips on the teeth for about a half hour per day and results can begin to be seen in about three days, but the full result will take about a month.
- Over the Counter Home Whitening Kits – These kits are more powerful than strips but less effective than professional whitening. This method offers the convenience of whitening your teeth at home. The home whitening kits use a mouth tray and a whitening solution. The trays are worn for a specific amount of time, twice per day. It can take from a few days to a few weeks to see results, depending on the kit.
- Professional Home Whitening – This method is used under the supervision of a dentist and contains professional grade whitening ingredients for better results than over the counter products. The professional kits from the cosmetic dentist offer the added benefit of a custom tray to fit over your teeth. This combined with powerful ingredients, such as calcium phosphate, carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide offers impressive results in as little as a week.
- 1 Hour Laser Tooth Whitening – If you can afford the treatment and want immediate results, this may be the right method for you. The teeth can be whitened up to eight shades in only one hour. The method uses ultraviolet light from the laser to accelerate the whitening process. This type of whitening may not be the best solution for every patient, so consult your dentist to determine which method is right for you.
- Power Teeth Whitening – Traditionally, teeth whitening has been ineffective for people with tetracycline stains on their teeth. However, power whitening or power bleaching combines in office laser teeth whitening with at home whitening to restore the color of your teeth.
There have never been more options for teeth whitening in cosmetic dentistry. For additional information about our cosmetic services for patients in the Kaneohe, Kailua, Waimanalo, and Haleiwa and to determine which method is best for you, please contact our office to schedule an appointment.